Family Emergency Preparedness Courses
Here in Colorado we have many potential emergencies: wildfires, blizzards, floods, tornados, crime, etc. We have created a course to teach you to be self-sufficient and prepared for a variety of short-term emergencies. This course is designed to be both practical and useful.
Course Length: 8 Hours
Family Emergency Preparedness Course
Be ready for any emergency! We will teach you how to prepare a 72 hour kit for you and your family to use at home or away. You will also learn how to set up emergency plans with your loved ones.
- Why Make a Family Plan?
- How do we connect in case in of an emergency?
- How to build a 72 hour kit/ Go kit
- Money for Emergencies: What do I need?
- Situational awareness training for emergencies
Learn how to make your home a safe haven for you and your family. Here you will learn basic strategies on armed and unarmed self-defense to keep your home and family members safe and secure. Lessons include suggestions and information on weapons to use in the home for protection and safety for all.
- Situational Awareness for self-defense
- Unarmed Self Defense basics
- Home Security strategies
- Armed Home Defense
- When to shelter/ When to “Bug-out”
What will you need to take care of yourself and your loved ones for a few months? This course will teach you how and what to store in case of a longer emergency. We will share current research regarding water and alternative energy sources for emergencies.
- Learn how to stock a “deep pantry.”
- Water storage and purification
- Simple affordable alternative energy systems
- Backyard homesteading ideas
- How to assess your needs and resources
Testimonials from recent class participants:
“Great class; this will help us prepare for whatever! Thank you for your time and professional input.”
Rick & Cathy S.
“Teri & Mike,
This class has been awesome! We never expected to be so well informed and that there was this much information to obtain and consider. You two did a phenomenal job with so much info to handle! Thanks ever so much – we’ve told a lot of people about the class!”
“This has ben an amazing 12 weeks. I am light-years ahead of where I was in the beginning of the class. I feel like my family is a little bit safer in the event of an emergency. Thank you, Mike and Teri!
“The emergency preparedness class has been a huge blessing to me. I learned how to be safe and prepared. I learned many things that I never would have thought about, especially how to be ready for an emergency.”
“I know both the instructors are very well-informed and have taught the class many things I’ve never leaerned about.”
“Great class! Helped us feel secure in being prepared for an emergency! Practical, ‘real world’ steps to help us survive any disaster that could come our way.”
Andy & Celina B.
“This class has both raised preparedness levels for a crisis and the calmness that one has through the Lord – great class!”
“This was a great class! TONS of info – may need to take the course again to catch what I missed!
Mike and Teri Spray have been helping families prepare themselves since 1986. Mike is our Chief Range Safety Officer here at GSC and is NRA-certified as a firearms instructor, and is a Colorado and Utah Concealed Handgun Instructor. He is also a Distinguished Graduate of Front Sight Firearms Training Institute and an Air Force Academy graduate. Teri is a licensed Colorado Teacher who helps families to educate their children at home despite learning challenges. Mike also directs a 40-member Security team at their church where he has also been teaching preparedness classes with Teri.
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF the Centennial Gun Club cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.