Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
11800 E. Peakview Ave. • Centennial, CO 80111 • 303-789 CLUB (2582)
The Club is approximately 2 miles east of I-25 on the North side of Arapahoe Road.
GUNS & AMMO
Q: What calibers and ammunition may I shoot?
- You may shoot all rifle calibers including .50 BMG.
- If you would like to shoot a .50 BMG, please notify the Chief RSO on duty.
- You may shoot ALL pistol calibers.
- There are no restrictions on the size of shotgun loads but they must be lead.
- You may shoot .177 or .22 lead pellets (no steel BBs)
- No Muzzle Loader firearms.
- All ammunition must be lead core.
- No steel-core or steel-shot, No tracers, No armor-piercing, No Black Powder.
- Steel Cased ammunition is allowed, but it must be checked by the RSO or Range Desk.
Q: May I use my 30 round (high capacity) Magazine?
Q: May I double tap or rapid fire?
- Yes, the RSO however has the discretion to restrict your rate of fire if s/he thinks there are unsafe conditions or you are not staying on target.
- You may shoot full automatics as long as you are safe and maintain control.
Q: Do you allow full automatics on your range?
- Full automatics are allowed on the range. We expect all users to follow the safety rules and maintain control.
- Centennial Gun Club has full automatic firearms available for rent.
Q: Do you have a Gunsmith at the Club?
- Yes, we do. We currently have 4 Gunsmiths on site.
- Bart Miller is our Director of Gunsmithing and Certified Used Guns. Bart’s gunsmithing skills are very well known in the region from his 30+ years of experience.
- Hours: 10:00 am – 6:30 pm Monday through Friday and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturdays. The Gunsmith shop is closed on Sundays.
Q: Do you take firearm trade-ins?
- We are currently taking trade-in firearms or directly buying firearms.
- For more information visit the Legacy Gunsmithing website.
Q: What are the age restrictions?
- Minimum shooting age in the range is 10 years. Children under the age of 10 will not be allowed on the range.
- Minors may “carry” cased firearms through the Club.
- Shooters 10-17 years of age must be accompanied by a Parent or Legal Guardian.
- Minors may shoot with and be accompanied by a friend or non-guardian after the Parent or Legal Guardian completes the waiver which includes the NAME & Photo ID# of those individuals authorized to escort the minor.
Q: May my 19 year old bring their own pistol?
- Yes, 18 – 21 year olds may bring their own pistol(s) and ammunition. Federal Law prohibits the Club from renting or selling handguns or handgun ammunition to anyone under the age of 21.
Q: What are the age limits for rentals?
- You must be at least 21 years old to rent handguns, full automatics, or suppressors.
- You must be at least 18 years old to rent rifles or shotguns.
Q: May non-members make reservations?
- Yes, we encourage everyone to make reservations. Walk-ins are welcome, but availability will depend upon the schedule for that day.
- Non-Members may schedule ONLY on the day they want to shoot.
- Non-Members may schedule 1 lane for 1 hour — up to 3 shooters.
Q: Can I host group events at the range?
- If you would like to make a reservation for a special event such as a birthday, bachelor/bachelorette party, or any other special event, please call Mary at 303-397-3266.
Q: If I walk in, how long is the wait for a lane?
- Walk-ins are welcome. The wait time will vary depending upon the schedule of the day.
- We highly recommend that everyone schedules a reservation by calling 303-789-CLUB (2582).
SAFETY & RANGE POLICIES
If your country is NOT on this list above, you must qualify under the following rules:
- Possess a hunting license or permit
- Admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes
- An official representative of a foreign government
- An official of a foreign government or are designated as a distinguished foreign visitor
- A foreign law enforcement officer
- Have a waiver issued by the US Attorney General
Q: I have a concealed carry permit. May I carry a concealed firearm in the Club?
- Yes, we require that ALL concealed firearms be holstered inside the Club.
- We require that ALL other firearms be unloaded and cased until the shooter is in the shooting booth.
- No one may handle an uncased or unholstered firearm behind the firing line.
Q: What safety precautions are taken at Centennial Gun Club?
- At least one Range Safety Officer is in the range at all times.
- Everyone is required to watch a safety video before entering the range for the first time.
- All shooters are expected to follow the Range Safety Rules.
- Minors may “carry” cased firearms through the Club.
- Safety is extremely important. If the RSO sees any unsafe behavior, they will warn and educate the shooter.
Q: I have never shot a handgun before, can you help me?
- Yes, we recommend someone new to shooting sports enroll in one of our classes for beginning shooters or take a private lesson.
Q: I have a felony on my record. May I shoot at your club?
- No, Centennial Gun Club complies with State and Federal Laws. Every shooter must attest to the following: I am legally allowed to possess a firearm in the United States. I am not currently the subject of a criminal or civil restraining order. I have never been convicted of a felony as an adult or juvenile. I am not a fugitive from justice. I am not an unlawful user of, or addicted to any controlled substance. I have never been adjudicated in a court of law, as incompetent to manage my own affairs. I have never been discharged from the United States armed forces under dishonorable conditions. I am a citizen of or legally in the United States.
Q: I have a medical marijuana card. May I shoot at your club?
- Your safety and the safety of everyone is the primary factor in this issue. Marijuana is no different than any other substance which may impair your ability to be safe. If you appear to be impaired or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including ANY prescription medication, you will not be allowed to enter the range.
Q: Do you rent eye and hearing protection?
- We have complimentary eye and hearing protection. We recommend that you provide your own eye and hearing protection.
Q: Do you allow shooters to collect their brass?
- Yes, you are welcome to collect your brass. Please let the RSO know at the beginning of your session that you would like to collect your brass, so that the RSO will not sweep it away.
Q: Can I draw from a holster in the range?
- Yes, but you must be holster qualified. Please let the RSO know if you would like to become qualified.
SHOOTING FEES and RENTALS
Q: What is the hourly range fee?
- Non-Members pay $20.00 per shooter for a 1 hour reservation. If no one is scheduled on your lane, you will be allowed to continue shooting beyond your hour. The RSO will let you know when the next guest has arrived and your time is up.
Q: What is the cost to rent a gun?
- The rental fee is $15.00 per hour plus the cost of any ammunition you wish to shoot.
- Visit the Range Fees & Rentals page for additional details.
- You must purchase ammunition from the Club for all rentals on the day you shoot.
- At this time, we are unable to RESERVE a Rental Gun. You must select the rental gun at the time you “check in” for your reservation. We suggest that you arrive at least 30 mins. early so that you have time to select your rental and ammunition and “Check-In”. We want you to start your reservation on time.
Q: Do you have firearms with suppressors available for rent?
- Yes, but availability is limited due to the high level of maintenance required. Please call 303-789-2582 for availability.
Q: May I use my own ammo for rental guns?
- No, manufacturers require that ammunition for rentals is factory new and purchased from the Club on the day of the rental. Even if you purchase the ammunition from the Club on a previous visit, we cannot allow you to use it for a future rental.
MERCHANDISE AT THE CLUB
Q: What optics do you carry?
- The optic merchandise varies, please stop by the Club. One of our expert Customers Service Representatives will help you determine which optic is right for you. Please visit our merchandise page: Products
Q: Can I get help deciding which handgun is right for me to carry concealed?
- Yes, consult with one of our staff. They will help you determine which handgun fits your hand and whether or not it will meet your needs.
- If the pistol you wish to purchase is available for rent, the staff member will take you into the range to try it. If you make a purchase, the rental fee will be deducted from your purchase price.
Q: What are Centennial Gun Club’s FFL Transfer fees?
- The fee is $40 per firearm for members.
- The fee is $85 per firearm for non-members.
- There is a $6 background check fee for everyone required by the State of Colorado.
- Please visit our Firearms Transfer page. You will find details on how to make transfers. There are additional FAQ’s on that page.
- The Centennial Gun Club is unable to provide Colorado background checks for individuals wishing to make private gun transfers.
Q: I had a great experience at Centennial Gun Club. Is there a way for me to submit feedback?
- Please visit our Customer Survey and provide some feedback.
- We welcome feedback regarding all experiences.
Q: Do you have an APP?
- YES, Click here: Member-Me+
Q: What are the hours at the Membership Desk?
- The Membership Desk is open Mondays – Saturdays from 10:00am – 6:00pm and Sundays from 12:00pm – 6:00pm.
Q: What kind of ventilation is in the range?
- The range has a state-of-the-art climate controlled ventilation system. The air is recycled every 60 seconds in the range. The air inside the range is cleaner than the air outside the building!
Q: How long are the shooting lanes and how many lanes do you have?
- Shooting lanes are 75 feet.
- The Centennial Gun Club has 26 shooting lanes.
- We have an additional 8 lanes reserved exclusively for our Statesman Members.
- Our State-of-the-art target retrieval system allows the shooter to position the target at any distance from the firing line up to 75 feet. Retrieval systems include full turning targets to challenge the shooter with shoot/no shoot scenarios. The 75 foot lanes are ideal for tactical shotgun and tactical rifle training and practice.
Q: Do you have leagues?
- Yes. We have a growing number of leagues and special shooting events. Please visit our Events page for the most updated information.
Q: What type of training is offered?
- The Training Center has a wide range of training for beginners to advanced shooters.
- Please visit our Training page for class descriptions and information.