Handgun Proficiency Workshop
A shooter is only as good as their practice. Your handgun education shouldn’t stop once you’ve learned the basics. The Handgun Proficiency Workshop is the next step in your training. Students of all levels are encouraged to join us! Beginners and experienced shooters alike will find new ways to sharpen their skills in class.
Students who join us for this 4-hour workshop will be able to:
- Demonstrate the proper stance for addressing the target
- Draw the handgun safely with efficiency and economy of motion
- Self-evaluate proper hand placement related to the grip of the handgun
- Use proper sight picture and sight alignment
- Understand how to work through challenges with corrected vision (optional)
- Use proper trigger control in relation to breathing, pressing the trigger, follow through to control recoil, and improved recovery time when firing multiple rounds
- Perform a self-analysis of their target results and correct what may be causing inaccuracies of shot placement
Register for the Handgun Proficiency Workshop today and get started with the next steps in your training!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Firearms must be kept in a case until instructed otherwise. No ammunition will be allowed in the classroom. Please leave ammunition in your car until you are instructed to retrieve it for live-fire exercises.
Pre-Requisites: Basic pistol-shooting course or shooting experience
What You Should Bring: Revolver or Pistol (in calibers .22 – 45 ACP) (or ask about CGC’s Rental Program), 50 rounds of ammunition
Instructor Will Provide: Handgun Proficiency Notebook (including practice exercises), eye and ear protection, and targets
Instructor: Steve Brownell
Steve has over 30 years of professional firearms training and teaching experience. While with the F.B.I., he received numerous commendations and letters of excellence from the F.B.I. Director. He is certified in pistol, AR-15 Rifle, MP-5 Rifle, and Shotgun. Steve is also experienced in dignitary protection. He served as Director of Security for the Denver Big Air World Cup Snowboarding event and Sportaccord with the International Olympic Committee.
Firearms Training Experience:
- Degrees from Indiana University in Criminology and Forensic Studies
- Twenty years Law Enforcement experience both State and Federal
- Ten years F.B.I. Special Agent Atlanta, Georgia Division
- Member F.B.I. S.W.A.T. team Atlanta, Georgia
- F.B.I. Firearms Instructor, Tactical Pistol, Tactical Rifle, Tactical Shotgun
- NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
Course Cancellation / Change:
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.