WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS CLASS?
This class is the opportunity to learn or improve your defensive knife skills; learn how to complete techniques correctly and become confident to trust your situational awareness and skills.
In this 4-hour class, you will learn the basic skills you need to use your everyday carry knife to defend yourself against the most likely attacks. Here, we will explain why this is not “knife fighting”, rather it is “fighting with your knife”.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
• The reality of using a knife in terms of stopping power.
• The awareness you will use the knife you have in your possession.
• The basics of using a knife to include grip, stance, footwork, and targeting.
• The master technique to the best responses for surviving the most likely attacks.
UPCOMING DATES & SIGN-UP
Signed Participant Agreement (available online)
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
WHAT TO BRING
A practice knife (plastic/rubber) that closely reflects your carry knife
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
*Practice knife available for purchase at the retail counter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. I already have my permit, but didn’t get much from the class I took from another instructor, should I take the class?
A. Unfortunately, we’ve heard that too often. There are too many instructors that just take your cash and sign the form. We believe that this does a tremendous disservice to the gun community. We’ve had many compliments from folks that are glad they took our class, even though they already had a permit.
Q. I already have the Colorado permit, can I just get the Utah portion?
A. You certainly can, but Utah law requires that you complete the entire course. As a result, we’ll ask you to be active through the entire course. The course cost will remain the same.
Q. I don’t own a gun, should I purchase one before the class?
A. Although you may wish to buy one before the class, we spend a good portion of instructional time on considerations to make before buying a self-defense handgun. As a result, you might wish to complete the course and purchase a gun and holster after the class. You also have the option of choosing a gun from our rental program to use for the shooting portion of the class. Please visit Centennial Gun Club or call (303) 789-2582 (Club) for more information.
Q. What are the requirements for obtaining a Concealed Handgun Permit in Colorado?
A. In Colorado, the County Sheriffs are responsible for issuing permits. It is best to visit your County Sheriff’s website for specific details. Essentially, the requirements are that you must be a resident of Colorado, age 21 or older, and not ineligible to possess a firearm following Colorado or federal law. There are more specifics around alcohol and substance abuse, restraining orders, etc. You must also demonstrate competency with a handgun. Completion of our course satisfies this requirement.
Q. What is the cost for a Concealed Handgun Permit?
A. A resident needs to apply through their home county, to apply for a permit in Colorado. The fees are set by the individual county sheriff, and cannot exceed $152.50 (most counties are charging the full amount, but Jefferson County is only charging $125). A non-resident Utah permit is $65. For more information about obtaining a concealed handgun permit in your county click here.
Q. The Utah permit requires passport photos and fingerprinting. Do you do that?
A. Yes, we supply the passport photograph and fingerprints for your Utah application. There is no additional charge for this service.
Elements Included: 4-hours classroom discussion
Learn to use the knife that you actually carry.
Learn the grips, and footwork required for defense.
Dispel many myths about knives.
Quantify what the tool is capable of.
Learn to deal with the most statistically common attacks.
See how ultimately self-defense is about stopping power, not lethality or fantasy.
Understand, what the knife you carry can do
Unique targeting strategies
Angles of attacks, and chamber points
Knife grips and what does not work
Pressure cuts versus dynamic cuts
The Master Technique against all angles of attack.
The Master Technique shows the best responses to the statistically most common attack, an arcing right hand. We will apply the logic of MBC (Martial Blade Concepts) to show you how to utilize the tremendous stopping power of a knife to keep yourself safe.
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY:
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.