NRA Range Safety Officer Course
Course Number: RSO001
The NRA Range Safety Officer program was developed in response to the demand for a nationally-recognized range safety officer certification. NRA Range Safety Officers are people who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.
This course does not encompass the functions and responsibilities of a Range Officer, who conducts NRA competitive shooting events as defined by Rule 11.5 of the NRA Rule Books.
NRA Range Safety Officers must be 21 years of age or older.
The Range Safety Officer course consists of: Range Safety Officer’s roles and responsibilities, range standard operating procedures, range inspection and range rules, firearm stoppages and malfunctions, and Range Safety Briefings which include emergency procedures. Candidates must also receive 90 percent or better on the written exam.
How does one become a certified NRA Range Safety Officer?
- Those individuals who do not hold a trainer rating must attend a Range Safety Officer course. Range Safety Officer courses are conducted by Chief Range Safety Officers. (“Chief Range Safety Officers” are those individuals certified to train NRA Range Safety Officers.) The Range Safety Officer course is a nine-hour course that consists of classroom time and practical exercises conducted on a range. Range Safety Officer candidates will receive the Range Safety Officer Student Packet.
- Individuals who currently possess a valid NRA Firearms Instructor certification or NRA Coach appointment in one of the NRA’s firearms training programs have the option of taking the Range Safety Officer course by home validation or classroom training.
More Information and Scheduling your class:
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.