Firearms courses can be intimidating to women. Women should feel like they can easily take the steps towards personal safety without being afraid. Centennial Gun Club is proud to empower women with our motto of EQUIP ● PREPARE ● PRACTICE. All women, regardless of shooting experience, can build the foundation of their training in this female-friendly atmosphere.
An NRA-Certified Instructor oversees this basic 5-hour course. We start out with a classroom portion to go through the basics and then we head into hands-on range time with a pistol shooting qualification. We also offer women’s only sessions!
The instructor will walk you through subjects such as:
- Gun Safety Rules
- Proper Operation on Revolvers and Semi-Automatic Pistols
- The Fundamentals of Shooting
- Selecting and Storing a Pistol
- Pistol Maintenance
- Concealed Handgun Permit Application Instructions
- Relevant Laws for the new CHP Applicant
You won’t leave class feeling confused or unsure. Our instructors check for understanding throughout the class before moving on to the next subject. If you have questions, we take the time to listen. Then, we go through questions with the class to make sure everyone understands.
Lastly, students get to go out on the range for some real-time, live-fire practice. We end class with a bang with a final shooting qualification!
We’re excited to help you get started on the path of EQUIP ● PREPARE ● PRACTICE!
UPCOMING DATES & SIGN-UP
Signed Participant Agreement (available online)
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
WHAT TO BRING
50 rounds of ammunition
*Available for rent
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
Eye & ear protection
This course meets the State of Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit training requirement.
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY:
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.