Tactical Weapons Course Tier 1, Basic AR Platform
Course Number: TW001
Course Title: Tactical Weapons Course Tier 1, Basic AR Platform
Length of Course: 8 hours
The world is ever changing and no one can be over prepared for what may happen. This regimen of courses teaches students weapons handling and real world tactics. This is the starting point for non-infantry (military) or Special Weapons and Tactics law officers (S.W.A.T.). This class is designed to be the baseline class, bringing the shooter into the tactical mindset, as well as operate their weapon(s) in a way to meet any situation that they could potentially face in an everyday situation. The courses are knowledge based and are practical application for the students.
The instructors will go over the disassembly and assembly of the AR platform, cleaning and care and how to zero the weapon and then move into:
- Safe weapons handling
- Combat mindset
- Gear consideration
- Load and unload
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Type 3
This course is the base course and is needed to advance to the Tier 2, 3, & 4 level classes when available.
Lead Instructor (s): Justin Bystrom
Justin spent 8 years in the Marine Corp as a Scout Sniper Chief Scout and Team Leader with the 1st Battalion 5th Marines 1st Marine Division and with Mountain Warfare Training Center as a Formal Schools Instructor. While serving as a Scout Sniper Justin became skilled in field craft and marksmanship, expert in weapons, communication gear, tactics, techniques and procedures for Scout Snipers and Infantry Operations; oversaw training for the Scout Sniper Platoon insuring that all members were ready to deploy. He also acted as a buffer between the members of the platoon and the higher command, instructed the Sniper Employment Officer on the duties of a Sniper Platoon; achieved the rank of Sergeant. Attached to MARSOC Task Force, and other SOF Units. At the Mountain Warfare Training Center Justin instructed High Angle Scout Sniping, survival courses, Infantry Battalions in high altitude complex compartmentalized terrain in summer and winter climates; Instructed ODA and other SOF forces as well as regular military personnel and Law Enforcement.
Materials Provided by Students:
- Primary weapon system (AR, AK)
- Sling for primary weapon
- 300 rounds of ammunition for your weapon system
- Holster for secondary weapon
- 200 rounds of ammunition for secondary weapon system
- Magazine pouches for both primary and secondary weapon systems
- A load Bearing Vest (LBV) or plate carrier with mag pouches is preferred
- Your personal load out for magazines for your weapon systems
- Lunch and Snack
- Eye and ear protection
Materials Provided by Instructor:
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF the Centennial Gun Club cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.